Monday 4 February, 2008

Better to write for yourself and have no public, than to write for the public and have no self

It has really been a long time since I wrote something on my blog, reasons unknown. I really never felt being myself the way I am feeling after writing only a few lines. Today I feel that writing, has and still, been the finest means of being ‘you’ expressing yourself without any restraints or boundaries. It is a voyage of your mind, imagination and creativity which takes you to the pinnacles which you never thought of reaching. It is a mode of free will where you are open-minded to speak or convey.

While writing, I belong to my world possessing the sovereignty of which I forever dreamed. I acquire the liberty which was only a contemplation and devoid of limitations which all the time looked unattainable in the real world. Writing is the only existent ‘thing’ regarding you. No matter how much you amend, how much you fake or attempt to not to be yourself, your writing merely replicates what you are. It is one of the simplest means of evaluating a person.

Keep in mind that there is always a ‘but’. You cannot cancel out the fact that there is a huge chunk of populace who write intentionally in a way in which they even do not feel. Even writing has become a means of pleasing the others rather than pleasing yourself. You write what people like than what you sense. It has become so technical in the manner that you know what sells and you write the similar way.

Writers do not worry about their understanding of an object and look through the eyes of others। They do it all because they want to be prominent, famous, eminent, well known (all the adjectives I guess) in the globe. The brains have become machines which run on commands, follow guidelines and crash if they challenge the system. I have believed in the fact that one should write to influence people not to be influenced by them, write to express rather than impress.

But still, I consider writing as one of the very few existing apparatus of knowing a being। Just look for the ‘self’ within when you write, the rest you need not worry about.

No comments: