Thursday 22 May, 2008

Taglines - Do they really tag

A tagline is an alternative of a branding slogan characteristically used in promotion materials. A tagline creates an impressive phrase to summarize the nature and idea of a brand, or to emphasize the audience's memory of a product.

I have come across some very famous taglines but they take my imagination to altogether different heights, to everything but not that brand.

Don't leave home without it – Credit Card
This tagline definitely reminds me of my identity card. Each and every person in every nook and corner of the Kashmir valley does hold an identity card. Since turmoil, it is seen as a ‘must thing’ for everyone, especially while moving out of your residence.

Reach out and touch someone – Telecom Company
How on earth can a guy of my age imagine this tagline is for a telecom company? It looks more of some adult stuff than anything else. Kind of night out parties . . .

If it feels good then just do it – Shoes
This definitely appears like one of the fundamental rights or a clause in the constitution that gives you absolute liberty. I wonder if it was true, how this world would look like.

God's own country – A state in India
So, we finally know where God lived. I just have one question in mind; if this is God’s own country, to whom do the others belong. Hopefully not Satan, but this seems rather obvious.

Where a man belongs – Cigarette Company
Do they really know where we belong to? If yes, they must be selling plots and tickets to that place. But, I guess they refer to the hospitals and graveyards, kind of advance booking for the men. Seeing the future . . .

The happiest place on earth – Disneyland
Whenever I see this, I remember my mom’s lap, which undoubtedly is the happiest place on this earth. I wish to be lucky to be there always, but if wishes were horses beggars would ride. And even we also don’t have horse tracks here. . .

Whatever happens, feel good – Radio Station
This reminds me of the feel good factor. Absolutely perfect line for a common man, no matter how high the prices are, no matter how many problems and issues you face, just feel good. That is precisely how we are brought up, actually nobody cares.

Making Twice the Noise – Newspaper Organization
The moment I saw this, it reminded me of the loud speaker phones that I had got in my childhood. They really made twice the noise than the ordinary ones. Even though I paid Mr. Nazir Ahmad Dar (the shopkeeper) little money (for not letting anyone know that the device was transported illegally) but then also, it was worth the amount.

According to Mamkol, “You can’t eat just one; you paid for the whole packet”.

1 comment:

Tawheed Rehman said...

Wow! you're a bit more creative here. am really proud to have you as a friend. although this post came a little late but its worth it. i'll give it 9 if the scale is reading 10.