Monday 5 May, 2008

Wait: Do not blog people, I have the reasons

Blogging is a creative art which involves ‘you’ and nothing but ‘you’. You don’t just write but express yourself and also learn the ways how people communicate. It broadens your scope of understanding things and accepting them.

But there are a good number of populaces which disagrees and consider blogging of no use. For such people, I present the reasons for ‘not to blog’

Don’t ever express

People love to be suppressed and have no will to convey liberally. They are brought up to remain confined in their thoughts, creativity and understanding of the world. They love to be like that and don’t believe in changing themselves for the good. They take pride in calling them ‘conservatives’.

I had a friend in my school days and everyone used to beat him, including me (seriously for no reasons). But he would always say, “You don’t know me and the day you do, you will realize what a big mistake you have done”. He never said who he was and we never realized our mistake. I still wait for him to say what he wanted. This is simply what I call by ‘do not express’.

No to ‘exposure’

Such people do not have the desire for exposure, they stick to what they know and don’t want to open up to any new ideas. They consider that they know enough and that ‘enough’ is more than sufficient. Again, I have a tale to tell about this.

One of my second cousins felt that he was a master of all. He would never listen to us and believed he knew everything. One day, he came to our place and I showed him my video game. I wanted to tell him about this new gadget but he said that he knew everything about it. My mischievous brother asked him, “Do you know that this game works on petrol and mixture of water in a proportion”. My cousin’s immediate answer was, “Yes, I know that it needs power to run the game which petrol supplies and water cools it down to make sure it does not heat up”. We couldn’t stop laughing. Alas! We never heard anything since that day from the poor chap.

People don’t need power, knowledge or growth

The majority of the populace does not, at all, believe in requiring any sort of power, knowledge or growth. There are many categories here – ones who feel that they know enough to sustain in this world splendidly, a few who don’t know what they should know, others who are unaware of their boundaries of knowledge and the rest who know nothing at all. If you belong to any one of these types, do not blog at all. Genuinely, you are doing the right thing.

One more story so that you don’t get bored. We had a general store nearby whose owner was an old 65 year old Rahim Kaka. He was a gentleman with abuses forever on his lips, sober with always a stick in his hand and very tidy to bath after every 10 days. TV’s were common in the valley and Rahim Kaka was asked by some person as to why he didn’t have one. People suggested him that he can learn better ways of living through it. He replied, “It won’t teach me how to make more profits, will you motherfuckers will pay me more for the vegetables if I get one. You fuckers just want me to go in debt and then, I can sell my vegetables for less”.

All I say is that ignorance is bliss. God rest Rahim Kaka’s soul in peace.

People don’t want to share anything

People who hate sharing things cannot blog at all. They believe in the principle that one thing shared means all things shared (this ‘all’ for them includes everything, I hope you understood). They are like those people kept in a cell in complete darkness for years and hate light because they never saw it. They feel that by sharing things their knowledge decreases, I truly pity them but no sympathies.

I had a batch mate in college who was too good in English. We all knew that but he would never teach us anything. He always felt that he might get a good competition even if he shares one percent of his knowledge, inferiority complex. Our first paper always used to be English. I begged him in the exam to tell me a couple of answers but he disagreed out rightly. I couldn’t do anything and left those questions like that. Every dog has a day and it was his. Then, mine came.

We appeared for an entrance exam and luckily the guy was sitting next to me. We needed to cross 75 points to qualify for the second test and that guy only knew 62 exactly. We were the only two guys left in the hall and last few seconds were left. I helped him out with 12 till he reached 74 and then said bye to him. It must have hurt, but ought to pursue what you preach.

People never change

Although change is unavoidable, these people defy the rules. They don’t want to change even if it is for the better. They are stubborn with locked minds, rigid ideas and very conventional in their point of view. It also includes people who blog but for the sake of it, the most dangerous ones.

I have a not so close friend who blogs regularly but for the heck of it. He is the same he was when he started blogging He has not been able to make use of it in an appropriate way. He is very much orthodox in his ideas; his acceptance level is ‘zero’ with no respect for the different points of opinion. I met his ‘learning curve’ yesterday and she complained of being starved for years.

A blog is not just a means of writing your point of view but also accepting the ‘other’ views. This can help you broader your scope of acknowledging and comprehending things effortlessly.

According to Mamkol, “Blog and block have only a difference of two alphabets, make sure it really counts”

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Well written article.