Monday 12 April, 2010

For You My Sweetheart

Heard the phone ringing in the middle of night,

Kept fingers crossed hoping everything was alright.


She was on the other side of the phone,

Wanting to talk to me all alone.


It had been long since we had a talk,

Memories suddenly seem to unlock.


She said it was something important,

Something which was really pleasant.


She was in love with somebody,

And had decided to be with him on the journey.


The journey she called as marriage,

And this was her message.


The world around me suddenly started shaking,

I could sense what was in the making.


Tear started rolling and my heart became heavy,

But this was the burden I had to carry.


Her every decision I always respected,

But this was something I always dreaded.


I loved her and couldn’t see her leaving me,

Still destiny is something real ugly.


I always wanted her do what she sought,

That is the way she has been brought.


Letting her go was the best I could do,

No matter what, I had to see it through.


I blessed her best in life,

Praying she always be happy no matter what be the time.


After all, I am her father,

And she is my daughter.


According to Mamkol, “Surrender whatever love asks for if it is conditioned, it is not love anymore”.

3 comments:

vw said...

lovely peice. Wish i had a father like this who would hear me in anticipation and eventually let me be.

The poem has a very smooth flow.good going :)

Anonymous said...

Lovely...

TASHIF AYAZ said...

Thanks a lot Bhawna