Thursday 1 April, 2010

So Much For Nobody

As I was about to cross the road,

I heard something explode.


People running around with smoke in the air,

Deep inside my heart I began to fear.


Dead bodies, blood on the street and flames I could witness,

My body started shaking and felt all darkness.


There she lied unaware of what has happened,

Just a kid, among dead bodies she was stationed.


Her face covered with blood but not saying a word,

No one seems aware of this baby being injured.


I took her in my arms and could see she was alive,

But I needed some aid for her to survive.


Her heart beat became slow and she started losing her breath,

My dreadful fear was her moving close to death.


Went running towards the ambulance,

But the so called security forces were my hindrance.


I shouted, I cried telling people to let me go,

It was about the life of someone who is yet to see the world.


They didn’t listen and I stood there wounded,

Seeing her die in my arms was worst I ever wanted.


My faith in humanity vanished,

And there I was anguished.


Took a vow and buried my soul,

Nothing for this world, not anymore.


According to Mamkol, “We live in a world where people sell their souls and the ones who don’t, actually don’t matter to the world”.

1 comment:

vandy said...

as we cross the road of life,
we see a lot and unfortunately cannot help it.
we cross the road and move on killing us yet again...
hope and wish you cross the road next time again and not by killing your soul, but with your soul proud and happy :)